After you are unloaded, you have up to 90 days to make a damage claim. Here is our Damage Policy:
- If the shipper has followed the "Moving Instructions and Guidelines" given them in person or via fax, postal or e-mail and it is determined that the damages are due to the negligence or carelessness of the Moving Department, the item will be replaced or repaired. The decision for replacement or repair will be at the discretion of the Oregon Conference Moving Department.
- Written notification of damages incurred must be received in our office no later than 30 days after the date the household goods have been unloaded. This can be done either by filling out the Damage Report section of the Bill of Lading Shipping Form provided by the driver or by letter. Verifying pictures must accompany this notification.
- If it is determined that the item is to be repaired, we recommend the shipper get three (3) written estimates. The shipper then chooses which estimate he wishes to go with and sends it to our office by mail or fax for approval.
- We will send the shipper written approval. When the approval is received by the shipper, the repair needs to be done immediately and the paid receipt mailed to our office for reimbursement. The receipt must be sent into our office no later than 60 days from the date the shipper receives approval notification from our office.
- We will send a refund check up to the amount approved. Anything over the approved amount will be the shipper's expense.
- We do not give cash settlements.